What should i study at university to become a wedding planner?

March 31st, 2010

I want to become a wedding or party planner but feel i should go to university first to have a back up degree…
does anyone know of suitable degree or have any advice for me?

4 Responses to “What should i study at university to become a wedding planner?”

  1. MaryUm says:

    A degree in business is always useful. it will help you in your business as a party planner as well.

  2. Allisha says:

    I also suggest a degree in business, but I’d also look into Public Relations/Advertising. When I was in school we had to take event planning for a class. Just research the school you want to attend. Look at their degrees that could apply to being a wedding planner, than look at the classes offered.

  3. nancy_uhde says:

    Flower Arranging,
    Cake Decorating.
    Music, etc.
    Anything that will help you to help a bride and groom make good choices about these things, for their wedding. I think any of these would give also help with a back up career too.

  4. Jackie says:

    I would recommend management – that way you learn how to manage a business as well as people. Or, strategic communication may also be a major to look in to.

RSS feed for comments on this post. And trackBack URL.

Leave a Reply