Foregin student getting married to foreign student in USA?

April 5th, 2010

I’m a foreign student with F1 visa, planning to get married to my girlfriend who is also a foreign student currently in London. She is completing her Masters degree in Business Finance.

Question1 – What would be the procedure in terms of having a wedding registration in California?

Question 2- She has 5 years travel visa to come from London to USA. She will be completeing her MBA in 6 months , and once completion of her studies she wants to find a opportunity to work in USA and settle down and later apply for green card, what would be the suggestion in terms of applying for visa? the category? and the procedure

I will be done with my BA in 1 year, and looking forward to complete my MBA afterwards.

Looking forward for a favourable reply since we have no clue at the moment the steps we need to take.

Appreciate very much for your advice

We both are SriLankan Citizens, she is on student Visa in London, and she got tourist visa to travel to USA for 5 years.

2 Responses to “Foregin student getting married to foreign student in USA?”

  1. Sarah says:


  2. CPG says:

    1) She would obviously need a B1/B2 visa to enter the U.S. after that you would need to visit the website for or contact the County Clerks in your area to obtain a marriage license.

    2) She would first need an F1 visa to study in the U.S. To work she would need a company to sponsor and petition her. No company, no visa.

RSS feed for comments on this post. And trackBack URL.

Leave a Reply